Wednesday , November 20 2019
Home / africa / The baby gets a hand, foot and mouth disease in the resort

The baby gets a hand, foot and mouth disease in the resort

The mother was angry after her eight-month-old daughter caught her arm, foot, and mouth during a break at Ibiza.

Keri Fullerton and her partner traveled with her daughter Imogen to Family Life Aura on vacation together in October last year.

However, half of her vacation, eight months old imogen quickly became bad.

"We booked a vacation through the (Tu-Turkish company) Tui and traveled on October 3," Mrs. Fullerton told Sun Online Travel.

"He started feeling a little bit sick on Saturday – he was not a sick child and he was sick several times overnight, which was really strange."

That was after she had spent a day at the children's club when on-site representatives noticed that Imogen was ill.

"They noticed a little rash on her and told her to go to the pharmacy and see if they had some lotion, which we did," said Mrs. Fullerton.

– It was completely covered in the next 24 hours.

– It looked like a lump; it was absolutely horrible. It was so bad. It was the whole time he had it while he blushed.

Mrs. Fullerton told the staff at the kids club, but she said there was not enough people on the spot to help when the rash appeared for the first time.

"My headache with Tuzi is the fact that when we started with the rash, we went to the writing desk and there was no tail," she said.

– That day was a day for trainings, so there were no repetitions available.

– Only an A4 sheet of paper is attached to the paper saying that the hand, the leg and the mouth of the hotel have recently broken out.

"However, another couple told us that it was a few days before we got to the hotel – Tui was aware of the outbreak before we came.

"They certainly have an obligation to inform us at least before we travel, so that we can make a decision whether to continue or not.

"I do not think we should just leave because he had eight months and I would not want to risk it, knowing that there was an outbreak of the disease."

Mrs Fullerton was even afraid she would not be able to go home after a break because Imogen was so bad.

"Fortunately, we managed to go home and go to the hospital and treat ourselves.

"The hospital thought she could leave it with some scars," she said.

The condition of the hand, foot and mouth is a viral infection common in children. It does not apply to the feet and mouth found in animals. This causes fever, general weakness and rashes and fever.

Ms. Fullerton said Imogen had a history of eczema, which could also become burning due to the virus.

The Imogen's baby took three weeks to recover after returning to Britain, and Mrs. Fullerton also caught the virus from her daughter.

However, this is the way Tui faces the problem that angered her.

"Since we came back, I was in constant contact with them, but they always interfere with generic excuses," she said.

"They should talk to people before they travel while our holiday was destroyed.

"We only had a few days before we got sick.

"At first I just wanted to inform them that we had a bad experience, but Tui's sign would be incredible because there was nothing, even sincerely sorry.

"They told us:" We can not be 100 percent she's caught there. "

"But we did not leave the resort, and the incubation period is a couple of days, so it's exactly related to her existence.

"Small children can be vulnerable to illness and have not fulfilled their duty of care."

Spokeswoman Tuija told Sun Online Travel: "We are sorry to hear that Imogen did not feel well during his stay. We were aware of a small number of reported cases of hand, foot and mouth in the Family Life Aura club in Ibiza.

"However, this type of infection can occur in any situation, whether at home or on vacation.

"As a precautionary measure, as soon as we became aware of a small number of cases of this common illness, we implemented additional health and safety procedures to prevent the spread of infection, as well as display posters that alert buyers and provide practical practice. advice.

"We want to persuade customers to regularly check all hotels we offer in terms of health and safety, including hygiene."


• Often wash your hands with warm soap and learn kids

• Cough or shed with tissue to catch the bacteria

• Throw the used tissue into the garbage bin as quickly as possible

• Do not share towels or household items such as cups or cutlery

• Wash dirty linens and clothes on hot washing

This article originally appeared on the Sun and reproduced with permission

Source link