For several years, Nissan has been working on the development of technologies that enable electrical mobility and contribute to the world with zero emissions and zero accidents. As part of all these years of work, he launched the Leaf model, the world's leading electric car.
With already confirmed sales for eight markets in Latin America from the first half of 2019 – Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Puerto Rico and Uruguay – Nissan Leaf is the icon of smart mobility and represents a new level in the market of electric vehicles produced in large scale .
Nissan Leaf, a 100-percent electric vehicle, is leading Nissan's vision of intelligent mobility that aims to provide greater autonomy, more electrification, and greater connectivity to mobilize people to a better world. In addition, it is recognized in the world by its design, autonomy, safety and efficiency.
The car debuted in Latin America in São Paulo-Brazil and Bogotá-Colombia Motor Shows at the beginning of last November when Nissan confirmed its exclusive pre-sales program for Brazil, Chile and Colombia.
Although Nissan Leaf is the best-selling electric car, consumers in Latin America have different opinions and doubts about electric vehicles and the mobility of the future. That's why Nissan shares the five Leaf features that make global success in its segment:
• It is a fast and exciting vehicle. The Nissan LEAF reaches speeds above 144 km / h and accelerates from 0 to 100 km / h in 7.9 seconds, with a power of 147 hp and a torque of 32.6 kg (3.26 rpm) to 3.283 rpm. , similar to a sports car.
• Has the best intelligent technology. Leaf is a leading model of Nissan's vision of intelligent mobility. Among other innovations, it is equipped with revolutionary e-Pedal technology that transforms the way people are driving. The system allows the driver to start, accelerate, slow down and stop by increasing or decreasing the pressure on one pedal: the accelerator.
• Less maintenance is required. Below the pillars of the Nissan Intelligent Drive, which does not have the engine that requires liquids and other components such as filters, spark plugs and piston rods, the Nissan Leaf with its electric battery reduces the need for maintenance.
• Long-lasting autonomy and high performance. The vehicle has a range of up to 389 km in urban cycle by WLTP (270 km in a combined cycle) and 240 km in the EPA cycle, allowing the driver a longer journey. With the new e-Powertrain technology, the new Nissan Leaf delivers 110 kW of power, boosting acceleration and driving pleasure.
• Nilte emissions, friendly to the environment. Since it is a 100% electric vehicle, it does not produce CO2 emissions into the environment, nor other greenhouse gases or residues that pollute the environment; Apart from being completely silent, it also reduces noise. Nissan's operating costs are about 30% lower than the most competitive vehicles with similar characteristics, and offers routes up to 80% cheaper than gasoline cars.
Nissan Leaf confirmed its arrival to eight markets in Latin America this year.
markets that will reach Leaf: Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Puerto Rico and Uruguay.