Australian tennis was again on the verge of an explosion after Bernard Tomić landed on captain Davis Cupa Lleyton Hewittu in extraordinary tyria after the game.
Tomic was in a row against world champion Marin Čilić, 6-2 6-4 7-6 in a game that lasted over two hours.
The 88-year-old world number 88 was in a strange mood after the defeat and spoke with a wide smile over his face as he filled fuel with his break with Hewitt and Australian tennis.
Tomic has made a series of sensational accusations against Hewitt, including:
– Hewitt's proposal promotes Aussie players in the Davis Cup team that have a relationship with a management company with a partial ownership share.
– Allegation that Austrian star colleague Thanasi Kokkinakis and Nick Kyrgios are boycotting the team while Lleyton remains the captain.
– Claiming that the Davis Cup system in the Aussie Cup was corrupted under Hewitt's lead; and
– A request to replace Hewitt with a new captain who is more like a former captain of Aussie Davis Cupa Wally Masur.
Tomic's dramatic news conference lasted only five minutes before the Australian Open closed it.
Former 20 of the best players left the room with a smile and joking at the exit to want journalists to "party with it."
"We have many problems that are not a lot of lucky players," Tomić said when he first asked if this year's Davis Cup was to be played.
– The players I was talking to were not. And, Kokkinakis, Kyrgios. I think we'll see, as soon as it's done. I stand with my call a few years ago. I knew something was wrong in Davis Cup. And now there are Kokkinakis and Nick who do not play because they have problems with some people. I hope this can be arranged and the best players can play for Australia. "
Comes less than a week after Kokkinakis, who released the bomb, also dropped off with Hewitt for his favorite election.
Kokkinakis reported the report "bulls ****" before the opening.
Tomic said that Kyrgios and Kokkinakis would only consider returning to the Davis Cup when selecting "the best players in Australia" to play single tires.
"It's just shit to see some people who are there and do the wrong things," he said.
– I think we all know who these people are. I hope it can be solved and the best players can play. Until then, the person who does not let the players play. "
When asked to clarify her position, she landed on Hewitt.
He also took an extraordinary shot at Hewitta for playing in Davis Cup dubl tires at the expense of younger players.
– It's all Lleyton. I will honestly say that. No one loves him anymore, "Tomic said.
– He's doing the wrong thing. He plays Davis Cup. I thought he retired. He plays all those games and similar things.
"Absolutely, Kokkinakis, Kyrgios, we do not want to play anymore because it has ruined it, it has ruined the system, just like leaving, I thought she retired, why, why are you still in tennis? couples? "
His most dramatic accusation was the suggestion that there is a conspiracy in the Davis Cupa camp in favor of players belonging to Hewitt's management company.
"It's funny that all those players who got the signs under our system, I think guys like Alex (Alex) Bolt … Everyone is under his wing and gets a percentage of that," Tomic said.
"It's a conflict of interest and I think it's terrible. Am I right or wrong?
– Everybody is under his umbrella, under control. So, it's all a conflict of interest. The more they work here, the more they take. You know what he is doing and I think that's wrong.
"He's in Davis Cup and he's doing the wrong thing and we do not want to play anymore." I hope we can move and we can go back to the good captain.
Tomić said that dissatisfied Austrian players said that Hewitt did not put them in the first place.
"He does not put players in the first place, from what I've heard in the past year," Tomic said.
"It does not put players first." He does not put Nick in the first place. He does not put Kokkinakis in the first place. He is always alone and is not good. You do not play bro. You're retired. Not good. Wally was a great captain. Wally Masur was an incredible captain at Davis Cup. He is someone whom everyone loves.
He said he still had great respect for Hewitt as a player, but he believes he lost his conspiracy as Captain Davis Cupa.
"There's no chance Lleyton's legacy … his tennis record tells himself," Tomic said.
"He is an absolute champion, but what he is doing now is wrong."
He said that Australia needs a very different captain of Davis Cupa.
– Someone who does the right thing. Honest thing. Someone who does not do things for themselves, "Tomic said when asked to name his chosen candidate for Hewitt replacement.
"Someone who does what's best for this team is all about the players, Davis Cup is all about the players, it's not a captain sitting on a chair.
He said he did not talk to Tennis Australia about his concerns, but says he already knows about his complaints.