Thursday , June 24 2021

Bourke St knifeman dead after the bite leaves 1 dead, fire in the car

Police are now treating a stinging attack on Melbourne's Bourke St as a terrorist incident.

At a press conference on Friday night, Victorian police chief Graham Ashton said the man allegedly killing three people, killing one, was known to Victorian police and federal intelligence agencies.

"Today we treat it as a terrorist incident," he said.

Commissioner Ashton discovered that a man from the nineteenth century came to Australia from Somalia and that his cousins ​​were known to "terrorist persecution" police.

"He has family associations that are well-known to us," he said.

There were some reports that a man was screaming at "Allahu Akbar," but commissioner Ashton said it was not confirmed.

Police say knifeman, a 31-year-old from the northwestern suburbs of Melbourne, died in a hospital today after the police officer fired his chest.

He had records of some minor offenses, including the use of cannabis, theft and insults.

The man caused chaos in CBD Melbourne on Friday after he allegedly killed three men. One man, who was only formally identified, died at the scene of the incident. Some witnesses say it was stuck in the face.

The 26-year-old and 58-year-old were taken to a hospital with life-threatening injuries.

The cops also received minor injuries, one of which was stung and some scratches.

The police have not yet revealed the identity of the attacker or another man who has died.

Bourke St is in jail from Swanston St to Russell St and is expected to remain closed until half past Saturday while police investigate.

Herald Sunce reports that one of the men injured in the attack was Rodney Patterson and his wife, Maree, on Facebook to "work ok for the circumstances".

In the light of the attacking police to assess the security of events happening in Melbourne this weekend, and additional police may be present, but the commissioner said he had no threatening threats he was aware of.

Victorian Prime Minister Daniel Andrews condemned the incident and thanked the police and brave observers who risked their lives to halt the knifeman.

"This is the evil, scary thing that happened today in our city and state," said Mr. Andrew.

"We condemn it, and we also take this opportunity to thank those very brave and dedicated members of the Victorian police who are all proud of their very prompt response in very dangerous circumstances, each of us proud of.

"Similarly, foreigners, people who were passers-by, who did not know anyone who took part, who came without hesitation, provided support and assistance."

Prime Minister Scott Morrison said he reported on the incident, and state and federal agencies worked together.

"Today I condemn the terrorist act in Melbourne, which has tragically taken over the life of an Australian colleague who died for this evil and cowardly attack," he said in a statement.

"The Australians will never be interested in these terrible attacks, and we will continue with our lives and enjoy the freedoms the terrorists hate."


The incident began when a man drove 4WD into the city about 4.10 hours and was burning. Commissioner Ashton has confirmed that there are some gas cylinders in the car that should be safe from the bombing unit.

It is unclear whether the car was burned before or after a man left the vehicle.

According to ABC, witnesses saw that a man crashed a car, came out and threw the object into a car that dropped it.

Commissioner Ashton said after the car was lit, a man had interacted with some members of the public before the police arrived.

The man then threw one of the officers through the car window. The other two officers came out of the police car and tried to draw him, but the man tried to attack them with the knife. One policeman once killed him in the chest.

Snapshots on social media show a blue flare in flames and a man dressed in a black tunic and white pants threatening the knife with the police. Two passers-by are trying to help the policemen stop the man, one of them rolling the shopping cart on his way.

RELATED: Trolley man praised for dealing with knifeman

At an early press conference, Victoria police superintendent David Clayton told reporters that the police were called on the scene after the report of the car he burned. When the officers came out of the car, they faced a man knocking the knife and threatening them.

"Passers-by said the members of the public were out," he said.

One witness named Markel told ABC Local Radio in Melbourne that observers invited officers to shoot at a man.

"Many observers (actually) just screamed the cops because the cops were trying to take the knife with him and arrest him, but the observers shouted" just fired him, just shot him. ""

Victoria's ambulance said she had assessed three people on the field and then taken to the hospital.

One had a neck injury and was in doubtful critical condition, the other person had a head injury; and the condition and injury of a third person were unknown.

The police called on anyone who witnessed the incident or filmed what happened to contact them.

Markel Villasin, 22, finished his shift at KFC at Bourke Street as the drama developed.

"I and the managers have expired, and then we saw the car that lit, and then we saw the guy on the floor and wanted to help, but his boxing box helped him, he was a face with the blood around his face," he told AAP.

"I'm pretty sure he got tossed into the face.

"I really wanted to help, but I was in shock, I did not know what to do.

"Because he was on the abdomen, they turned around and saw if he was alright, he was still alive."

Expanded Drew Hair said she was walking on Swanston Street when she heard the explosion.

The next thing he saw was "a big boy who ran a police car".

Mr. Hair said the attacker was dressed in Islamic clothing and African appearance and about six feet high four centimeters.

"The cops were trying to hit him with sticks and did not fall," he said. Mr. Hair said that two civilians were involved, as did the two police, trying to stop the man from attacking.

Melbourne resident Meegan May told that he was on a tram on Bourke Street in the city when he stopped just before Elizabeth St, about one block before the mall. She heard somebody start screaming "has a knife".

She looked through the rear window of the tram and saw the car that lit. There was a man and two policemen trying to calm him down.

"A moment later, I heard a loud bang, which sounded like a shot at me," she said.

Emergency aid and about 10 police cars came in moments.

The man told Sky News that there seemed to be more explosion.

"There was an explosion and fire, and then another explosion and it was like a massive fireball," he said.

Reports on 3AW radio show that witnesses saw the man driving a vehicle "throw something into the back" and then ignite.

A 7-word wartime witness said a car that was on fire had appeared before crashing and "exploding".

"I hiked Bourke St … and we heard this strong blast." "I thought the car was back, but the flame came out of the car, then turned to the left … and exploded in the flames," she said.

"People were running everywhere, I thought it was like what happened last year, so I started running, everyone started running, it was so scary."

Anybody who has information or who witnessed the incident was asked to go to Melbourne West Police Station to declare it.

The incident comes as a trial in the Wilderness 2017 in Bourke Street and beyond.

In 2017, six people died in a scary car that also left dozens of injured.

Four adults, a baby and a baby died after James "Dimitrious" Gargasoulas allegedly slammed his car over a busy pedestrian center on January 20th.

Three months were killed by Zachary Matthew-Bryant, Tahlia Hakin, 10, Yosuke Kanno, 25, Jessica Mudie, 23 and 33-year-old Matthew Si and Bhavita Patel.

In September of that same year, a man with a knife went to anger outside Flinders St. He was equal and arrested in dramatic scenes at CBD in Melbourne.

In December there was another incident when Saeed Noori allegedly drove a car to people crossing the streets of Flinders and Elizabeth.

At least 18 people, including four-year-old boys and international tourists, were hit by an afternoon car, and one of them, 83-year-old grandfather Antonio Crocaris, died eight days later.

If you or anyone you know needs help call Lifeline 13 11 14 or beyondblue at 1300 22 4636.

Source link