Saturday , January 23 2021

Teen, 17, who consumed 10 pounds SLUG, dared to find that he died almost as a tragic boy



A man who survived eating infected meat as a teenager discovered that his doctors gave him a $ 17 million survival chance and told his mother to "plan his funeral."

Liam McGuigan was 17 when he dared to swallow a rifle while on a school football trip to Queensland's Sunshine Coast.

    Liam says he's lucky he's alive after he approaches dying after eating stains

Facebook

Liam says he's lucky he's alive after he approaches dying after eating stains

Now he understands how incredibly happy he is to tell his story, especially this week after Sam Ballard died of doing the same.

In the days following Lama, a student of the year 12 began to feel lethargic. His muscles stopped working.

"I went to the hospital and thought it was my addiction, so they pulled it out," he told news.com.au from Brisbane.

The doctors were wrong. For several hours he was in the back of an emergency, bare naked, covered with ice to reduce his enormous temperature.

    Sam Ballard recently died after swallowing the rifle as a whore

Newspix Australia – Newscorp

Sam Ballard recently died after swallowing the rifle as a whore

Liam's body was closed because the bullet he swallowed carries a parasitic worm.

When the snail died, the worm found a new home in the spinal cord and "basically nourished its path to my brain".

Now the 27-year-old has fallen into the coma. Physicians at the Royal Brisbane Hospital kept him in a coma for four weeks and pumped a body full of steroids. They told her mother to "plan his funeral" and that he had 17 million hits he survived.

Then he woke up – the shadow of his former self.

"When I got in, I was weighing 85 kg." When I got out of the coma, I had 38 kg. My thigh looked like a wrist, just skinny, "says Liam.

    He swallowed the belly as he dared during a friendly party
He swallowed the belly as he dared during a friendly party

"I had to learn to eat, talk, walk, all over again. I knew how to do it, but getting my brain to tell my body how to do it was the other thing."

The staff wrote the alphabet on the RBH board next to the words "yes" and "no". Liam will communicate this week for weeks. If she wants water, television or toilets, she had to say that.

Speech therapy followed four months, and the 12th year went out through the window. Finally, he will repeat, receive confirmation and restore "99 percent" of his former life.

This week she reminded me how happy she was.

Sam Ballard, 29, died on Friday, surrounded by a family family in North Sydney, eight years after he began to roar like a whore.

Mr. Ballard took the same illness – eosinophilic meningoencephalitis – and spent 420 days in the coma.

    He was an enthusiastic athlete before he dared

Social media – see the source

He was an enthusiastic athlete before he dared

When he woke up, he had acquired brain injury, which meant he needed 24 hours a day and could not be fed.

"We sat here and had little craving for red wine, trying to grow up, and there was a gossip here," Sam's friend Jimmy Galvin said.

"The conversation got up, you know." Should I eat it? "And Sam left." "That's what happened."

When the news was defeated that Sam had passed away, Liam's phone illuminated the friends' messages thanking him for not having the same fate.

"All my friends and family saw Sam's article and tagged me in it," says Liam. "I'm thinking about it all the time, which might be me."

Today Liam is a happy, healthy house painter. He was recently married. His message is simple: "The hugs do not slip."

"It was stupid, but I did not think it was dangerous," he says. "Because you're 17, you're stupid. I'm lucky."

Both Sam and Liam were eating snails worn by rats.

Worm is commonly found in rodents, but molluscs that eat rat excretion can also become infected.

NSW health records show that the symptoms differ from patient to patient.

Some people do not develop symptoms, others may have mild short-term symptoms.

"Very rarely, rat crabs cause brain infection. People with this condition may have headaches, stiff neck, skin pain, fever, nausea and vomiting."

The department advises simple measures to avoid the disease of never eating raw snails or snails, supervising infants around the garden, washing vegetables and salads, and washing their hands after gardening.

This story originally appeared at News.com.au


We pay your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at [email protected] or call 0207 782 4368. You can What's up at 07810 791 502. We also pay for videos. Click here to upload yours.


Source link