Sony Interactive Entertainment will close the PlayStation Store on the PlayStation 3 and PS Vita. The PS Store will be withdrawn on July 2, 2021 on the PS3 and on August 27, 2021 on the PS Vita. In addition, the remaining purchase functions on the PSP (PlayStation Portable) will end on July 2, 2021. Despite the closure of the store, “previously purchased games” should still be able to be downloaded and played in the future. Content can be downloaded from the appropriate download list on a PS3, PS Vita or PSP device.
Sony: “You can still access these features:
- You can still download and play games you previously purchased.
- You will still have access to previously purchased video / media content.
- You can still take advantage of vouchers for Game and PlayStation Plus.
- As long as you remain a member, you can still download and play games added via PlayStation Plus.
You can no longer access these features:
- You will no longer be able to buy digital content, including games and videos, for the PS3, PS Vita and PSP.
- You will no longer be able to make in-game purchases from games on the PS3, PS Vita and PSP.
- As soon as the PlayStation Store is closed for these devices and the purchase function ceases, you can no longer take advantage of PSN credit (e.g. Gift Cards) on PS3, PS Vita or PSP devices. Your PSN balance will remain in your PSN account, but you can only use it to purchase PS4 and PS5 products from the PlayStation Store online, in the PlayStation app, or on PS4 and PS5 consoles. “
You can find more details in the Sony support area.