Thursday , December 12 2019
Home / brazil / Make a Warning to Metropolis :: São José dos Pinhais receives Diabetes Support for Free Population Services

Make a Warning to Metropolis :: São José dos Pinhais receives Diabetes Support for Free Population Services



In the Aluza of the World Health Day, in São José dos Pinhais, organized by the Paraná Center for Ophthalmology (CPO), will be held next Saturday, November 24, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, with free care of the population in Parque São José, in the center of the city.

Among the services, the action will include conducting exams and distribution of educational material on a silent disease that affects about 13 million people in Brazil alone.

Diabetes Mutirão arrived for the first time in the city of São José dos Pinhais, integrating the mutirões group in the country. The initiative is the branch of Mutirão to Diabetes de Curitiba, which is being implemented since 2013 with the aim of transferring disease information to a poorer population. During this period, about 10,000 people were affected by awareness-raising actions and encouragement of treatment.

The action is supported by the pharmaceutical company Novartis and is expected to attend 5,000 residents offering specialized and multidisciplinary care with a fundraiser of eye and diabetic foot, photocoagulation, assessment for retinopathy detection and blood glucose testing, in addition to organizing emissions and lectures to help the population to prevent disease or better deal with it.

After review, patients will be directed and directed to continuing free treatment, and the collected data will be relayed to a multidisciplinary research group in clinical trials for clinical epidemiology.

About illness and availability of information

Diabetes is a silent illness, mainly associated with genetic inheritance, but also related to lifestyle, in which the diagnoses lack a hormonal insulin function. Since this is a systemic disease, it can cause other complications such as kidney problems and ophthalmic illnesses – people with diabetes have 60% more chance of developing cataracts and 40% more likely to develop glaucoma2. Treatment combines medication and control of food and is available from SUS.

Novartis has launched a portal De Olho no Diabetes (www.deolhonodiabetes.com.br) to raise awareness of the importance of care with the vision of diabetic patients. The site collects information, news, services and activities and highlights the risks and ways of eye disease prevention.

The portal also offers a platform for finding experts – endocrinologists and ophthalmologists – and eye care centers, regardless of whether they are diagnosed, treated, or trained. Searching is done using postal numbers of users that allows you to find a professional person closest to your home or business.

service:

Date: 24.11.2014

Hours: 8 am to 5 pm

Place: Parque São José

Address: R. Joaquim Nabuco, 3676-3748 – Center, São José dos Pinhais


Source link