Thursday , October 24 2019
Home / canada / Missing Persons in N.W.T. charter is considered to be dead, says RCMP

Missing Persons in N.W.T. charter is considered to be dead, says RCMP

It is believed that two pilots who have disappeared from their charter flight across the northwestern territories are dead, according to RCMP.

The King Air 200 aircraft from Airkinde from Yellowknife was linked to the Whati – a small community 140 miles northwest of the territorial capital – when it disappeared on Wednesday morning. The pilots, both employees of Air Tindija, were the only people on board.

"It's a difficult time," said the president of the Al Martin airline. "The Air Tindi company has about 200 people, and she is genuinely family. It's such a close group of people."

"So it really hurts. It really hurts."

Pilot names were not published. Martin said the company was in contact with their families "all the way to the end".

The search plane saw a dual turbo propeller plane on Wednesday afternoon, near Behchoka, N.W.T., but the fate of the pilot was unknown until RCMP's announcement on Thursday.

We want to know just how much everyone else.– Air Tindi President Al Martin

Rescue and rescue workers dropped to the area on Wednesday, a spokeswoman for the Royal Canadian Air Force David Lavallee said. Lavallee said Canadian Rangers from Behchoka could not get to the place because of the deep snow and weather conditions.

RCMP said on Thursday that the cause of the accident was under investigation, with the help of police, N.W.T. The Office of the Coroner and the Traffic Safety Board (TSB).

The TSB said the investigators went to the site to "collect information and assess the phenomenon".

President Air Tindi said his airline would conduct its own accident investigation. (Randall McKenzie / CBC)

Martin has stated that Air Tindi will fully cooperate with the TSB investigation and plans to conduct its own investigation

But on Thursday he did not have "any information he could even speculate", which might have caused a fall.

"Finally, we want to know just how much everyone else," he said.

The Beechcraft 200 Super King Air – similar to the lost airplane Air Tindi – is waiting for the airport to Brnik, Slovenia, in May 2002. (Tina Kosec / Reuters)

Search for a difficult time

Flight contact was lost somewhere between 9:00 and 9:30 local time, on Wednesday, when it was about 24 to 32 miles outside of Whathy, according to Martina.

The RCMP contacted the aviation force around noon, Lavallee said. The C-130 Hercules aircraft was sent from Winnipeg to help in search, and the Canadian Rangers were deployed by motor sledges.

After watching the morning and early afternoon, the Rangers returned to Whath to heat up and get more gas to return and continue the quest, claims Rangers Sgt. Alfred Beaverho.

Sgt. Alfred Beaverho, head of Canadian runners in Whati, told CBC News that the aircraft was sighted near Behchok, N.W.T. (CBC)

However, while planning an afternoon search, they received a message that the aircraft was detected.

According to Environmental Canada, Wednesday was in this area -23 ° C with snow. Bad weather made it harder for the pursuit, the RCMP said.

Air Tindi flights were suspended on Wednesday due to an incident.

C-130 Hercules, a Canadian soldier, is being held at Yellowknife Airport on Thursday. Hercules was sent from Winnipeg to help search for an aircraft fleet that disappeared on Wednesday in the northwestern territories. (Randall McKenzie / CBC)

Source link