SUNDAY OPEN STORIES – WHAT THE SUCCESS OF THE SOUTH MARKET AND TRADE. Today is First Sunday of Summer Discounts. Tthe shops will be open on Sunday, July 14, 2019 from 11 am to 6 pm. Shops and supermarkets will be open until 8 pm in the evening.
Summer Discounts: What Consumers Need to Watch
The General Consumer Alliance of Greece turns the consumer's attention to the following:
- The double price, ie old (usually deleted) and the new price of all the items sold with a discount, is obligatory in obvious places in the store and safe in places where they are exposed.
- It is also permitted to indicate and commercially declare the discount rate. If the discounted price is offered for more than 60% of all sold items, the discount rate offered and in the case of different discount rates for each category of product should be indicated in the outlet and any other commercial communication. range of a certain percentage ("from …% to …%").
- Traders should, in case of control, be able to prove that the old sales price on jumbo posters matches the reality.
- The usual occurrence of some merchants, in all likelihood, is not:
– the price is higher than the actual price.
– the sale of second-line products purchased for that purpose.
Summer Discounts – Open Sunday Shops: What Things To Look For
At the same time, the Athens Chamber of Commerce points to commercial companies that pay special attention to the following:
– The double price, ie Old (deleted) and the new price of all the items sold with a discount is compulsory.
– It is also allowed to indicate and commercially declare the discount rate.
– If a discounted price is offered for more than 60% of all items sold, a discount rate is required so that it must be displayed on the storefront and in any other commercial communication.
– If there are different discount rates per product category, the forecast percentage range ("from …% to ….%") should be specified.
– In any other case, discounts will be indicated for the selected species with regard to the appropriate percentage.
– Merchants should be able to prove that the old sales price on the bulletin board is real, in case of control.