UPC Hungary reported high performance and sales growth of 5.5% in the third quarter of 2018. Outstanding results for the entire business year are mainly the result of dynamically developed business and mobile services and strong network development activities. As part of its ongoing investment activity, UPC has already started its up-to-date networking in Monor, as part of its super-fast Internet program, from its own and state resources.
The happy packet package was rebuilt in September, and the newly introduced Wifi Power Pack system also contributed to the good performance of the company.
Main Business Results of the Third Quarter of 2018: *
- The number of retail and business subscribers increased by 23,000 compared to the third quarter of 2017 and reached 865,000.
- The total number of subscriptions, including mobile subscriptions, exceeded 2,146,600, an increase of 120,700 for a year.
- There has been a significant increase in subscriptions over the past year. The number of fast internet subscriptions increased by 33,200, reaching 688,200, while the number of digital and analog television subscriptions expanded to 689,600, 12,000 more than in the same period last year.
- UPC has also achieved strong performance in the convergence of fixed and mobile devices; the number of mobile subscriptions exceeded 103,000, an increase of 21,900 since the third quarter of 2017.
- By the end of September, UPC 2018 invested 12 billion forints in its service and expanded its services to new settlements. In the area of Monor, Dabas and Gyula, the transmission of a modern broadband network started, partly based on its own, partly from public sources. UPC's new services will be available in half of the 14 sites that will be built under the Super Fast Internet program.
- UPC services are available across the country to 1 816 600 households; there were 52,200 more than a year earlier.
Robert Redeleanu, CEO of UPC Hungary and UPC Poland:
"In the third quarter of 2018, we continued to develop our Happy Home Packages: we increased the speed of the Internet, expanded the TV channel and launched an integrated Wifi Power Pack system. With this, we offer our customers an excellent and reliable service experience, and every family member can enjoy with our innovative solutions – on multiple displays, with a stable network connection from the basement to the attic.With our constant investments, we strive to provide excellent quality in fierce competition. For this purpose our super fast broadband network and our innovative services make it available to a large number of retail and business users . "
More than 2.15 million subscriptions and 865,000 customers in the third quarter of 2018:
* These results also include the effects of inorganic organizational changes such as acquisitions. For more information, see Liberty Global's official announcements.