Monday , September 23 2019
Home / india / 33 percent buyer preferred a compass with a gasoline jeep over diesel last fiscal

33 percent buyer preferred a compass with a gasoline jeep over diesel last fiscal



JEEP COMPASS INDIA-10

More than 67 percent of customers prefer Jeep Compass SUV with diesel engine models to the gasoline model, reflecting a larger segment trend

Jeep Compass, the only hope of the FCA Group (Fiat Chrysler Automobiles) in India is well advanced in terms of sales. According to sales figures of the latest fiscal Bu AutoPunditz, Jeep India managed to sell a total of 16,079 units throughout the year, of which a good 67% of sales contributed to diesel models. The remaining 33 percent comes from a gasoline powered compass. All in all, Jeep sold 10,735 diesel powered compasses and 5,344 gasoline compasses.

Interesting data is that customers still prefer diesel cars compared to gasoline models while India is slowly moving from diesel to petrol cars. New emission standards will apply from April 1, 2020, when all new cars will have to be ready for BS-VI.

Since the cost of BS-VI will be high in diesel cars, several manufacturers such as Maruti Suzuki and Renault have already announced the abolition of diesel models. However, for brands such as the Jeep, it will be difficult to take such difficult steps as most of their sales come from this 2.0-liter diesel engine.

JEEP COMPASS INDIA-2 "width =" 696 "height =" 464 "src =" https://gaadiwaadi.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/JEEP-COMPASS-INDIA-2-960x640.jpg 960w, https://gaadiwaadi.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/JEEP-COMPASS-INDIA-2-500x333.jpg 500w, https://gaadiwaadi.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/JEEP -COMPASS-INDIA-2-696x464.jpg 696w, https://gaadiwaadi.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/JEEP-COMPASS-INDIA-2-1068x712.jpg 1068w, https://gaadiwaadi.com /wp-content/uploads/2017/07/JEEP-COMPASS-INDIA-2-630x420.jpg 630w, https://gaadiwaadi.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/JEEP-COMPASS-INDIA-2. jpg 1200w "size =" (max-width: 696px) 100vw, 696px

Not just Jeep Compass, most of the sales numbers of SUVs coming from the diesel version including Hyundai Cret and Renault Duster. The rest of SUVs such as Mahindra Scorpio, Tata Harrier and Mahindra XUV500 achieved 100 percent sales of diesel models.

The entire segment was recorded by massive 82 percent of customers who prefer diesel engines compared to gasoline cars. Only 18 percent of people bought gasoline cars out of a total sales of 2.79.333 units in this segment. To turn things into figures, 230,070 were diesel cars and only 49,263 petrol cars were sold.


Source link