Pudina or mint is one of the oldest culinary plants that people know. In addition to its remarkable medicinal properties, the Indians use it in menus, raits and sherbets. Pudina is a rich source of polyphenols and has a distinct taste and aromatic aroma.
“Pudding leaves are low in calories and contain very small amounts of protein and fat. It contains an enormous amount of vitamins A, C and B-complex that improve the skin and stimulate it immunity. The next nutritional benefit of pudding is that it is rich in iron, potassium and manganese, which increase hemoglobin and improve brain function, ”said Dr. Saurabh Arora, inventor of Pudhina and Snec30, CEO of Arbro Pharmaceuticals.
He adds that pudding helps with digestion. It has carminative and antispasmodic properties. Chewing pudding helps to get rid of bloating and gas. The essential oils present in pudding can be helpful in toothache problems.
Below he shares the various health benefits of pudding / mint leaves
Here are 10 health benefits of pudding that you need to know:
* Helps digestion – Pudina is rich in antioxidants, menthol and phytonutrients that help enzymes digest food. The essential oils in pudding have a strong antibacterial and antiseptic effect that soothes stomach cramps and helps relieve acidity and bloating.
* Treats asthma – Regular intake of pudding can ease chest congestion. Methanol in pudding acts as a decongestant, helps loosen the lining collected in the lungs, and also reduces swollen membranes in the nose to make it easier for you to breathe. While using the pudding, be careful not to overdose it, otherwise the air passage will become irritated.
* Treats headaches – Pudina contains menthol which can help relax muscles and relieve pain. Applying pudding juice on your forehead and temples can relieve your headache. Also, balm base or mint oil balms are effective in treating headaches.
* Relieves stress and depression – Mint is the most commonly used herb in aromatherapy. It has a strong, refreshing scent that can relieve stress and refresh the body and mind. The apoptogenic activity of mint helps regulate blood cortisol levels which triggers the body’s natural response to relieve stress. Inhalation of pudding essential oil can instantly release serotonin in the blood, which is a neurotransmitter known to relieve the symptoms of stress and depression.
* Makes your skin healthy – It’s pudding anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help treat acne and acne on the skin. Pudding leaves contain a high amount of salicylic acid which acts as an anti-acne. It also acts as an effective skin cleanser. Pudding has antioxidant properties that help you get clean and youthful skin by removing free radicals from the body. Pudina also retains moisture in the skin, removes dead skin cells and impurities from the skin pores, and makes the skin radiant and taut.
* Oral care – chewing pudding leaves is a great way to improve oral hygiene and dental health. The essential oils in pudding can help you get a fresh breath. Also, using mouthwash that contains peppermint oil can help kill bacteria in your mouth and provide you with healthy gums and teeth.
* Improves memory – “According to research, pudding can improve memory and reach the cognitive function of the brain. “Regular consumption of pudding can increase brain strength by improving alertness, memory retention and other cognitive functions,” he said.
* Promotes weight loss – pudding essential oils stimulate digestive enzymes to increase bile flow and speed up digestion. It also helps in improving the absorption of nutrients from food. When the body is able to properly assimilate and absorb nutrients, your metabolism increases. This increase in metabolism promotes weight loss.
* Cures colds – if you are fighting a cold and have difficulty breathing, pudding is the best medicine for it. Most steam rubbers and inhalers contain mint. Mint naturally cleanses the nose, throat, bronchi and lung obstruction. In addition to the respiratory tract, mint also relieves irritation caused by chronic cough.
* Relieves symptoms of nausea – Pudina is an effective treatment for nausea that often occurs in morning sickness. If you eat a few pudding leaves or smell them every morning, you can prevent nausea in pregnant women or deal with it better.