Thursday , September 19 2019
Home / newzealand / Gone Fishing: Another witness admits "lies" at the Gail Maney trial

Gone Fishing: Another witness admits "lies" at the Gail Maney trial

The witness who testified at a trial convicted of Gail Maney for killing said they had lied to the police after they were threatened and disturbed.

The testimony the witness signed, whose names have been permanently suppressed by the courts, will be used as a new evidence in an attempt to clear Maney's name.

The witness said they were lying when they admitted they were present during the manslaughter of West Auckland's Deane Fuller-Sandys in 1989. This person also claimed that she had been forced to give a false statement after the police had threatened to take away her child.

Maney was sentenced to life imprisonment for life because of her role in the death of Fuller-Sandy, and the case against her was pronounced She went fishing – a podcast of the real crime he has produced Things and RNZ.

* Fishing: Mayhem, killing … Maybe
* Things and RNZ win a radio reward for a real crime podcast
The case of Gail Maney could be bigger than Tina Pora
* Superior lawyers support Gail Maney's offer to clear her name
Former top police officer Mark Franklin suspects the assassination of Gail Maney
Private investigator to look at Gail Maney's case
* Left Fishing: The witness says he used a hypnotist to find the victim's body
* Gone Fishing: What the key witness really saw

Apparently, Maney ordered his assassination after breaking into her house and stole her medication. It is also alleged that Stephen Stone, who is still in prison, has been murdered.

According to evidence from two trials, a group of 10 people stood in a small garage at Larnoch Rd, Henderson, and was replaced by firing Fuller-Sandy before the body was removed.

Gail Maney was sentenced to life imprisonment for the murder of Deane Fuller-Sandys - but says he never met him.


Gail Maney was sentenced to life imprisonment for the murder of Deane Fuller-Sandys – but says he never met him.

It is also alleged that the young woman, Leah Stephens, was witness to the murder and threatened to tell the police. Stephens disappeared from Karangahape Rd in Auckland in 1989 – roughly the same time that Fuller-Sandys disappeared – and her skeletons were found in Muriwa in 1992.

Maney's conviction was based on the testimony of four witnesses who were interviewed eight or more years after Fuller-Sandys disappeared. Everyone got immunity from prosecution. Two of these witnesses admitted participating in the rape and murder of Stephen.

After two jury trials, Maney was detained for Fuller-Sandy's murder and has since been trying to reveal his name. He is currently on parole.

IN She went fishingwitness Tania Wilson said police forced her to lie about the scenario of events involving Maney in ordering the Fuller-Sandy murder. The other witness now claims that the same thing happened to them.

Maney told her she was relieved that the witness "finally" spoke the truth.

"I just hope people can see what happened – that these people were abusing the cops. In their own way, they are the victims – but they take ownership.

"And they have suffered from lies and guilt that has been consuming them for years, there are many victims in this case. My family, Deane Fuller-Sandys family, their family, is affected by many people."

Dean Fuller-Sandys disappeared 30 years ago in West Auckland.


Dean Fuller-Sandys disappeared 30 years ago in West Auckland.

The witness contacted Maney's lawyer, Julie-Ann Kincaide, and was found to have talked to private investigator Tim McKinnel after they informed him that the case was again arrested in She went fishing podcast.

McKinnel said the witness had "a really important new evidence".

"According to his own confession, the Crown case relied solely on these four secret witnesses. Now we know that two witnesses say that Gail was not involved only in that no shootings had taken place."

McKinnel added that they also put "incredibly serious questions" on how immunity can be approved by two other witnesses because of the rape and murder of Stephen, and whether they are "trustworthy, reliable witnesses".

"Our team looked very carefully at their statements and evidence, and in my opinion, their evidence is just a bit more than a bunch of lies," he said.

McKinnel said the witness recently admitted lying was "vulnerable" and was concerned about what it might mean to them in terms of their personal security and the responsibility of the evidence provided. He also invites all those who are familiar with this case.

It was thought that Fuller-Sandys had gone to Whatip, on the west coast of Auckland, to go fishing, the night he disappeared.


It was thought that Fuller-Sandys had gone to Whatip, on the west coast of Auckland, to go fishing, the night he disappeared.

The witness was interviewed by the police in 1997 – eight years after Fuller-Sandys disappeared. The police then told the witness that they believed he had been killed and that the witness was involved. But the witness said that in years after his disappearance there were no suggestions that Fuller-Sandys was killed.

The witness said that while police were trying to get a statement, policemen came to the house in "marked and unmarked cars, sometimes in large numbers".

"They also started talking to other people saying that I was actively involved in his assassination, which I strongly denied and still pressed me," the witness said.

"They would search me home, they told me my life would be poor if I did not start playing the ball, which means admitting my so-called role in his murder."

At that time, the witness said they had "a lot of confidence in the justice system and how the lies will come out and there is no way for someone in New Zealand to accuse something they have not done".

Although the witness denied any involvement in the killing, they admitted they knew Fuller-Sandy since they were both teenagers. But the person remained stubborn that Maney did not know him.

"It is my opinion that he was not killed and that he was washed from rock climbing. There has never been whistle, any suggestion, anything that would support this theory or concept in any form or form," Witness. He said.

"West Auckland was then a bit of a place and we all knew everything, so we must have heard it."

Former detective Mark Franklin led an investigation into the death of Deane Fuller-Sandys.


Former detective Mark Franklin led an investigation into the death of Deane Fuller-Sandys.

The witness claimed that he was "pressed and upset" in making some statements – one of which set up a shotgun scenario at Larnoch Road Garage.

When asked about the pressure on the witness, the witness said "enormous pressure, tremendous pressure".

"It was a constant and never ending. Every bloody week was in my house, sometimes five or six, one time I was searching my stuff and felt that their presence felt no matter where I went.

"They would pull me through the ride, bring the marked cars to my street, they were just ruthless. They wanted a statement and wanted to confirm the story, and they would not leave me alone until I played the ball, their words were" Play Balls or your life is miserable. "

From the evidence gathered during the making of Gone Fishing, it is clear that the witness and Tania Wilson remained alone to confirm their testimony of what had happened.

Now the witness claims that there was never a gathering in the garage where supposedly a alleged shooting was supposed to occur and that the witness had never seen Maney or Fuller-Sandy in the room together.

The witness, together with Tanja Wilson and two others, kept secret secrets in agreement with the Krunski lawyer at the time in exchange for their testimony against Maney and Stone. Immunity from prosecution was part of that agreement.

The Criminal Attorney grants immunity from criminal prosecution, provided that witnesses provide evidence of criminal prosecution – or crown – at trial. It is understandable that the evidence must be true, without relying on the privilege of self-cracking.

But witnesses who are immune are not protected if they give false evidence – commit perjury.

The Criminal Law does not contain electronic records from 2009 on immunity cases, and each case should be observed individually in order to see if the immunity is actually granted or not.

It is therefore unclear how much the witness has received complete immunity from prosecution for rape and murder in New Zealand, despite the recognition of the crime.

Things he contacted the police for comment.

Source link