The Swedish superstar made all his last ball strikes for the LA Galaxy after all the sun marks, and it was rumored that he was returning to Europe.
His name is linked to Ole Gunnar Solskjer and his Manchester United, among others, but according to Sky Sports, the Norwegian is not interested in bringing Zlatan back to Old Trafford.
He flirted in August
Italy's TuttoMercatoWeb wrote for a few days that the Swede could return to play at Manchester United, where he played two seasons under José Mourinho.
Sunshine responded to the rumors in August.
– If he were 28 next month, not 38, that would mean a lot. But Zlatan had a great time here. He was doing well, of course, but he was unhappy when he got hurt here, Solskær said.
– Who knows? He has my number. He didn't rent my house, but he looked and we could speak our language. If he's serious, I'll always listen to Zlatan, he continued.
– Godfather in the closet
Former United striker Paul Ince, among other things, was positive about Zlatan's reunion in United's jersey.
– Zlatan seemed to be returning to Spain, but they linked him to remain in MLS and even Perth Glory (Australia). But if he wanted to go back to Old Trafford, that's right, Ince told Metro.
– He can teach things to all those young players that Ole wants to take on in the first team. He also has a lot of influence off the field while having him on the field at the same time, he continues.
– They need someone who can take control of the closet and be a true leader, and he fits that description. It can show young players how it is done. He would be the best man in United's wardrobe.
– I'm going to Milan
As mentioned, Zlatan was a hot name on the rumor exchange, and even made speculations when he said in a video message on Instagram:
– Hi, Spain! Guess what? I'll be back.
On the other hand, a return to Italy seems most likely. MLS chief Don Garber said last week that the Swede was going to Milan but was also linked to Bologna, where his director is Sinisa Mihajlovic.
– It's not impossible. It can, but if it does, it is because of the connection between them. Ibra wants to help Mihajlovic and I can say that we are doing everything possible to make this madness happen, said sports director Walter Sabatini, Football-Italy reports.
Mihajlovic was diagnosed with blood cancer this summer but refused to leave the coach's club in Bologna.
Like Dagbladet Sport on Facebook