The Goiás State Office of Health (SES-GO) confirmed the 5th measles case in the state. According to the map, the patient diagnosed with the disease is a young adult from Goiania who has had contact with two other infected people.
The briefing said that while the first phase of the National Vaccination Campaign ended on October 25, which is to be vaccinated, it should look for health clinics in your city.
According to the SES, the coverage of Goias vaccination exceeds the national average, which is 97%. However, it reinforces the importance of this immunization for those who have not yet been vaccinated.
- Children six months later should take a zero dose
- Children from 1 year of age should take the first dose of triple or tetra virus, and after 3 months the second dose;
- Who is between the ages of 1 and 29 and does not have two doses of vaccine proven on the vaccination card;
- Who is between the ages of 30 and 49 and does not have a proven vaccine dose on the vaccination card.
A total of three people were diagnosed with the disease in Goiânia, one in Posse and one in Alto Paraíso de Goiás. In addition to confirmed cases, 45 more are still under investigation, while 120 have been dropped from a total of 170 suspicious reports.
However, according to SES data, "for the first phase and routine, the state received 230,000 doses." After completing this first phase, which focused on immunizing babies, Goiás "received another 40,000 doses." Finally, the map emphasized that "the Ministry will send more doses for phase two."
This second phase of the National Vaccination Campaign focuses on people aged 20 to 29 who are not protected against measles. The new phase will take place between November 18 and 30.
- Phase 2: November 18-30). Target Audience: Ages 20-29.
- Mobilization Day (Phase 2): November 30th.
See other news from the region G1 Goiás.