The Public Health Administration Alba (ALS) provides measures and recommendations for educational establishments, sanitary facilities, public or private institutions and the population after the outbreak of a flu epidemic.
More than 50 confirmed influenza virus deaths have been reported since the beginning of the season. Alba has not been dead by now. The third consecutive epidemic week (with over-estimated) was recorded.
In the context of the outbreak of the flu epidemic, DSP Albe has returned with the following recommendations, measures and explanations:
For educational institutions:
– In all County Educational Institutions, a daily triage continues with isolation of respiratory symptoms at home (children and teachers). The trials are conducted by the medical nets of schools, community networks, family medicine, teachers, with the support of local ATU and school inspectorates. Please note that DSP staff can not provide triage in schools but provides all the information on how to proceed and recommendations. The decision on isolation belongs to the triage staff;
– Encourage parents to understand the importance of isolating children at home as long as they have respiratory symptoms, even if they are not diagnosed with flu virus;
– Educational institutions, with the support of School Inspection and School ATUs, will provide optimal conditions for personal hygiene of children and teachers, namely: hot water, liquid soap, paper towels;
– Sufficient inventory of disinfectants and cleaning agents and disinsection recommendations (frequent ventilation, surface cleaning, disinfection of toys and teaching materials, etc.) will be provided.;
– The trio results will be reported daily to the DSP in Alba and to establish common measures. It will not decide to stop the courses without prior notification and consultation between Alba DSP and the school inspectorate;
– Every special situation in educational institutions will be reported to DSP Alba.
For sanitary units:
– Stocks of antiviral drugs will be permanently restored;
– Provide disinfection supplies, cleaning agents and personal protective equipment;
– Access will be limited to visitors to sanitary units with beds, even if the visit schedule is stopped where necessary;
– The daily triage of medical staff and the isolation of those with respiratory symptomatology;
– Recommendations for isolation of patients with a flu diagnosis in separate saloons should be followed. If hospitalization capacity of the Infectious Disease Department is exceeded, additional facilities will be provided for hospitalization of influenza patients, observing functional circles, after prior consultation with DSP.;
– Any special situation reported in sanitary units will be immediately forwarded to DSP Alba;
– We invite family physicians to better organize cabinet activity at this time, given the increased circulation of the flu virus. You should also follow all the instructions Alba DSP has given to family doctors on Wednesday morning. The headquarters of DSP Alba did not reach the additional dose requested by the Ministry of Health (1.288 doses – will be distributed to family physicians immediately upon receipt)
– Consult your family doctor about symptoms indicating the flu and which may indicate a possible indication for hospitalization;
– Homogenous isolation of people with flu-like symptoms;
– Compliance with hygienic and sanitary measures for cough and sneezing (use of disposable hammers or cough / sneezing on the inside of the elbow joint);
– Proper hand hygiene to reduce the spread of the virus;
– Continuous vaccination against influenza. Vaccination is the most effective flu prevention method, so the Ministry of Health has decided to supplement the number of influenza vaccines to provide protection to as many people as possible in the risk categories for which free vaccination is provided;
– Antibiotic or antiviral autoimmune therapy is contraindicated;
– During the evolution of the epidemic, we insist on limiting visits, attendance at public events, and crowd attendance;
– For the elderly and those with chronic conditions, we recommend limiting the movement and taking all protective measures to avoid contact with the sick;
– Parents who have children aged 0 to 3 years old and chronic patients should avoid as much as possible to move in order to avoid contact with ill patients.
Recommendations for Public or Private Institutions:
– To avoid disease outbreaks, it is advisable to conduct daily trials of all employees and isolate cases with flu-like symptoms;
– In the case of multiple cases of a flu-like illness, the medical doctor will immediately inform Alba DSP and take all necessary measures to limit the outbreak of the disease;
– Additional measures for disinfection and sanitation are recommended at public places (eg public relations departments, bank counters, tax rates, taxes etc.);
– We encourage cultural institutions to limit events to lessen the frequency of the disease;
– Disinfectants, cleaning agents, additional disinfection and disinfection measures should be provided throughout the evolution of the national epidemic influenza.
Flu vaccination is still the best way to limit the disease. Please note that the flu vaccine occurs about 14 days after the vaccine and applies solely to the strains contained in the vaccine that circulates this season (most cases have strain A). If you already have breathing symptoms, vaccination is contraindicated.
DSP Alba Press Office