Samsung announced a 1TB eUFS 2.1 storage device.
The Samsung GALAXY S10 and S10 Plus launch will be on February 20 and may be too short for a 1TB version (the new 2.1TB of 2.1TB goes into production and the first series of S10, S10 Plus I bet you're already on board or on a plane to your destination).
However, I expect to be presented with the GALAXY S10 / S10 Plus version with 1 TB storage space in April / May, It would be an element of differentiation from competition at an affordable price.
Technical details related to 1 TB eUFS:
- dimensions equal to 512 GB – 11.5 x 13 mm;
- combining 16 layers of Samsung V1200N flash memory with a dedicated dedicated handset;
- speeds up to 1000 MB / s (speeds up to 2 times faster than you get on a 2.5-inch SATA SSD!);
- random read speed – 58,000 IOPS with 38% compared to the 512GB model;
- write speeds over 500 times faster than those offered by the microSD high performance card;
- the production is carried out in the South Korean factory.
"1TB eUFS will play a key role in bringing laptop experience to a new generation of mobile devices. In addition, Samsung is committed to providing a reliable supply chain and sufficient production to support the timely launch of future smart phones to maintain rapid growth on the global mobile device market"Said Cheol Choi, executive vice president of Samsung Sales Memory & Marketing.