Saturday , September 18 2021

Stelantis starts production in Russia



Stelantis will start production of Fiat Skudo light commercial vehicles in Russia by the end of 2022, the car manufacturer announced.


Source: Tanjug

Photo: Shutterstock / Antonello Marangi

Photo: Shutterstock / Antonello Marangi

The fifth largest automotive group in the world, with 14 brands in its portfolio, plans to produce Fiat vehicles at a car factory in the Russian city of Kaluga, reports Raa Tudej.

The plant is a joint venture between Stelantis, which owns 70 percent, and Japan’s Micubii Motors, which owns the remaining 30 percent.

It is planned to turn the plant in Kaluga into an export center that will produce engines and vehicles for export to the markets of Europe, Latin America and North Africa.

“I am pleased to announce that next year the Fiat Professional car brand will be added to the Peo, Citroen and Opel brands produced in Kaluga,” said Xavier Diman, Stelantis’ senior vice president for Eurasia, Reuters reported.

He added that in the future he sees this as “the beginning of a long history of a new brand in Kaluga”.

Ten years ago, the factory in Kaluga produced Fiat’s Dukato model, but ended production by terminating the partnership between Fiat and the Solers Group.

The factory now produces Peo 408, Citroen C4 sedan, Opel Zafira, Micubii Autlender and Micubii Pajero Sport, as well as several models of Peo and Citroen vans.

The factory has two assembly lines, which allows it to produce up to 125 thousand vehicles a year.

Follow us on ours Facebook and Instagram page, Twitter account and get involved in science Viber community.




Source link