What Happens When a Man Rolls His Head Lego Kit? Volunteers from several healthcare centers tried their own skin.
The research was made by Journal of Pediatric and Child Health.
For small children, it is typical for occasional swallowing of small items. One of them is, for example, Lego's head. Parenting is often addressed to the doctor, asking how long it will take until the toy leaves the digestive tract.
Doctors, while parents, calm down that there is no risk. But there is no study to confirm this independently. Scientists in Australia and the UK have therefore decided to find out the answer to that question.
The unhappy experiment of Medical Xpress looked like this: Six adult volunteers – three men and three women swallowed Lego's head. In the days that followed, they had to carefully examine each of their chairs until they could find a small subject.
Participants had to check
Each of the participants had to record their digestive processes. Researchers were also interested in aspects such as consistency of the chair or travel during observation. Finding toys on the go might be more complicated.
The researchers then found that the experiment needed an average of 1.14 to 3.04 days for the toy to turn off. Average time was 1.71 days.
One of them did not find Lego's head in his chair. It is unclear whether she has noticed a small toy or she has been completely closed in her bowels.
The scientists also noted that it was not clear whether the baby had the same result, although the time difference was not large in principle.
This year, another survey was also passed. He was dealing with toxins in toys, that is Lego's cube. Scientists from the University of Plymouth have questioned the chemical composition of about two hundred toys to see if they contain dangerous substances. They searched for nine, like lead or cadmium.
These toys, as it turns out, really contain these substances. These are mostly older toys from the 70s. Hazardous substances contained about a tenth of observed toys: most black, blue and red cubes.
Workers have warned that potentially swelling of the child's body may occur with a large number of swollen cysts. One cube, however, does not pose a risk.