Synology Inc. Today, the RackStation RS820 + / RS820RP +, a 4-bay rack server, is designed for mid-sized businesses and offices, offering powerful data transfer with scalable storage.
"Upgrading the processor to RS820 + / RS820RP + achieves high sequential read bandwidths greater than 1,621 MB / s in a 10 GbE environment. With upgradeable memory, optional fast network adapter support and storage expansion capabilities, the RS820 + / RS820RP + is an ideal and competitive solution for mid-sized businesses and offices requiring efficient and easy to use data sharing solutions, "said Michael Wang, Synology Product Manager Inc.,
Key features of the RS820 + / RS820RP + include:
• A quad-core 2.1 GHz processor with AES-NI support.
• 2 GB DDR4 memory expandable to 18 GB.
• Up to 8 discs can be expanded with one RX418 expansion unit.
• One PCIe 3.0 slot for an optional 10GbE expansion card or M2D18 M.2 SSD adapter card.
• Btrfs enhanced file system that offers 65,000 system-wide snapshots and 1,024 snapshots of each shared folder.
• Synology High Availability (SHA) for seamless, seamless transition between clustered servers.
Starts Synology DiskStation Manager
The RS820 + / RS820RP + uses DiskStation Manager, an advanced and intuitive operating system for Synology NAS devices that offer a variety of productivity-enhancing applications. Synology has won a number of media awards, for example, leaders in the mid-range NAS servers in the TechTarget warehouse survey and nine years in a row in the PCMag Readers Choice Readers poll.
For more information on the RS820 + / RS820RP +, visit: