Albufeira / Southport –
If you see a sweet kitten on the street, you want to pamper it. This happened to the English Gemmi Birch from Southport on a holiday in Portugal.
When he recovered in 2014 in the coastal town of Albufeira, he was on his way to a small cat. Looking back, 24-year-old wants to never touch the animal.
According to "Dailystaru" she fed the cat and left her in her apartment, after which Gemma had several times uncontrolled vomiting. On his way home, he fainted and immediately landed at the hospital.
Huge shock: The family reveals the bunker and immediately goes to the hospital (more about it)
Gemma has Guillain-Barré syndrome
Doctors have found that her chair contains Campylobacter bacteria. After a week she could leave the hospital. Something later, she had to come back, because her hands and feet suddenly faded and could no longer control her discharge of the bowels.
Gemma has been fighting for 14 months, still sitting today in the wheelchairs. Through contact with the cat, he probably captured the bacteria that took the animal into the trash. Gemma's conclusion: "As much as I like, I could not touch any street cats anymore."