Wednesday , November 13 2019
Home / switzerland / The young woman was sitting in the wheelchairs for months

The young woman was sitting in the wheelchairs for months

24-year-old paralyzed after carnage of stray cats

A young girl from the UK caressed a stray cat on vacation in Portugal and ended up in a wheelchair. Obviously, a 24-year-old was infected by tapping the animal with Campylobacter, which meant she could not walk for months.

Bacterial infection puts a young woman in the stroller

Especially in cats, many animal lovers can not help to caress them. This was also the case with Gemm Birch from Southport in northwestern England – but something happened that made her touch only some animals. For a 24-year-old, when he was riding a stray cat, he got a bacterial infection that resulted in her landing in the wheelchairs.

A young woman is infected while caressing a cat with Campylobacter. The infection has put the 24-year-old in a wheelchair. (Picture: Saklakova /

Campylobacter bacteria were found in the stool

According to the British Mirror report, 24-year-old Gemma Birch was infected during a vacation in Portugal in 2014, which is why she was temporarily paralyzed with hips.

According to the blogger, she was in Albufeira, where she met the cat she had missed.

However, love for animals was deadly: on the last day of her escape, she was again overwhelmed and lazy on a return flight.

In the UK, he was taken to Southport Hospital, where doctors finally discovered that her chair had Campylobacter bacteria.

These germs are mostly found in chicken meat.

Campylobacter infection symptoms

Campylobacter infections can cause inflammatory bowel disease, which is accompanied by symptoms such as diarrhea, severe abdominal and fever pain.

There may be nausea and vomiting, blood in the stool, and additional complaints such as headaches and body ailments, chills or fatigue.

In rare cases, the complications of Campylobacterosis are Guillain-Barré's syndrome, the disease of the nervous system. The 24-year-old Englishman was one of the few cases.

Disease attacks the nervous system

According to newspaper reports, Gemma Birch was released from the hospital after a week. But her father returned quickly after spending the night in the middle of the night.

Doctors diagnosed the patient with Guillain-Barré's syndrome – a condition in which his own immune system attacks his own nervous system.

As a result, the blogger spent four months at the rehabilitation clinic and returned to normal after 14 months.

"I had to rely on the nurses to go to the bathroom and wash away. I lost control of my bowels and bladder and could not use my hands and hands because they were so weak," said a young woman.

He assumes that he has been infected with a cat in Portugal, who may have picked up the germs while digging the trash cans.

That is obvious, among other things, the older study, which was published in the "Canadian Medical Association Journal".

Researchers have reported that four-way friends can transmit harmful pathogens to humans, for example, bites and scratches, or even lick an animal over the face.

The patient became more cautious

Gemma Birch has become more cautious after a long temptation.

"As much as I like, I should not touch a stray cat. I love cats for pets and I would like to feed them," said the 24-year-old.

However, she would also like to have "searched for hotel containers".

Their desire is for people to price their health while they have it. (AD)

Source link