Former public schoolgirl who became the top poker player died in an accident after drug overdosing after taking up to 13 times the deadly level of cocaine and heroin, he heard the interview.
Elliott Blackburne, 32, is believed to have taken drugs after returning to George Bootha's friend's apartment to drink wine after bedtime in the pub before Christmas.
The former head of the digital marketing company was found dead next Monday by Mr. Bootha, who was woken by Mr Blackburne's cell phone.
Mr. Booth sent a message saying "This is not good news" as a response to the text of the SOS group from Black Mrs. Blackburn's girl who asked if anyone knew where her boyfriend was.
Mr. Booth then sent a friend to Hong Kong, saying, "I can not believe what happened to Elliot."
Tests have shown that Mr. Blackburne, a professional gambler who first made the first three in the World Poker Championship in 2008, had 651 micrograms of heroin and cocaine per liter of blood.
The 50 mg level may be fatal at the first user and 200 mg would be fatal for regular drug users.
The police investigated after Mr Blackburne's family announced that the apartment was set up to destroy the evidence after the tragedy – but found no offenses.
Mr. Blackburne from Altrincham, Manchester, was described as a "caring and sympathetic" son who attended Hale's school and Cheadle Hulme school 9,000 pounds a year before enrolling at the university.
His mother, Colette Blackburne, 63, told Stockport's investigation: "He was the life and soul of the party, no matter how dark things he always rejected, he was a good boy who came to the wrong place. He went to Hale preparatory school and after his death his director sent us a nice letter about the type of student he was.
"He began to drink when he earned money and had a very contagious personality, and he also had gambling problems, which was initially a slap. He first had enormous gambling success, he was the first in the world's poker championship.
"He took the debt nine years ago and continued until recently, but at a much lower level. I paid a considerable amount of debts I would say was a relief.
"Elliott knew his attitudes about drugs, and I was suspicious of taking drugs in the past, but I would not associate it with someone who used stronger substances like cocaine or heroin. He was dating with old schoolmates, people met at the pub – he always wanted to be a social butterfly. "
Recalling the tragedy on December 13, 2017, she said: "Elliot's girlfriend Kirsty called me and said I could not catch him, so she said she would arrange a group message, saying it's not a good news.
"When I arrived, I discovered that it was very strange that the hand of the blind was cut off, the apartment was unusually clean and all the clothes were packed, obviously cleansed for our benefit, reasonably withdrawn.
"The TV was in a cardboard box and there were four ski bags in my bag. In my head, I think he would go and say that Elliott was alive when he left and spent Christmas with his family, did I give that amount of heroin to my son? "
In a statement, Mr. Blackburne's partner, Kirsty Gallagher, said, "We suspected George was covering what had happened, and by Elliott's death George gave unusual and inconsistent accounts of what had happened.
"I believe George was giving Elliot's drug and that he was upset and would leave Elliott in the apartment. I believe George was disturbed and left Elliott for a while before deciding what to do, I believe his family called early in the morning to help clean up and cover what happened, want to get the phone records of George and his family, we just want to know the truth. "
Mr. Booth denied that he would testify to Mr Blackburne for taking any medication and claimed that he had no knowledge of the foil found under his bed.
He responded at the hearing: "I met him a few weeks before the incident, he was a good friend with my friend, and we were drinking in the same pub. His wife asked me if there was any chance he could drop my head into my Free Room.
"On Saturday night, on the 9th of December, we had a few drinks and went back to the apartment about 12 or 1. We stayed for a few conversations and stuff, but I wanted to go to the next day.
"I saw him on Tuesday in the evening and asked if he could put his head in my head. I did not want to continue developing in the long run – but we returned to the apartment about midnight.
"We had a bottle of wine back in the apartment, and I heard they got up in the middle of the night and then woke up the next day late in the afternoon and heard his phone, and I did not know why he did not want to answer his phone.
"I saw him on the bed in a funny position and I just knew, touched him and was as cold as ice, he was dressed, immediately called emergency doctors, they told me to bring him to the floor and manage the CPR, but he was a good guy.
"I was in a state of total shock, I called our friend and called my family before he knew there were a few people, and I think it was a tragic accident that happened."
I added: "I had fun before, and I do not know who put it (foil) there, I'm a fun person. In the past, I have used substances, but this is irrelevant to what happened here."
Det Sgt Matthew Gregory said, "Elliott was in the spare room on the floor, but we did not find anything that worried us about his body. We found a small luggage commonly gained from the experience of controlled drugs.
"It was empty, except for the remains of traces, found under George Bootha's bed. It may have been consistent with brown powder that might have been heroin, but there was no foil below the reserve layer, burning them on them – usually in the heroine burning.
"I found no evidence of any third party involvement or suspicious circumstances. Bags with some clothes hit me for a while because I did not have the impression that the house was packed – the apartment was really clean and not particularly the impression I got, was in the color of wine in the kitchen. "
Det Insp Terry Chatterton added: "Mr. Booth sent a message to a man in Hong Kong saying they went to bed and Elliott fell asleep on the sofa.
"He was in touch with a Hong Kong friend about WhatsApp and said," I can not believe what happened to Elliot. "I concluded that our investigation was very thorough and remained convinced that there was no third party involvement or suspicious circumstances in his death."
Taking a death-related death record, Coroner Chris Morris said, "This is a tragic case when Mr. Blackburne was a happy son who had many positive features, but I'm pleased to be a user of enduring drugs.
"Mr Blackburne returned to Mr Bootha's apartment in Sale and spent the night there as a favor. Mr. Booth said that although alcohol was consumed, he did not even take that night or testify to Mr Blackburne who was taking medication.
"I did not consider him to be a reliable witness, especially since some drugs were consumed, but there is no evidence suggesting that the substances were being forced on Mr Blackburne."