Perfect for a dog that does not like to wear clothes or as an addition to a fantastic ensemble, this lightweight hat is perfect for trick or treat. The hat size can be adjusted up or down for your furry friend, but this will give you a good start for a small / medium hat that fits most dogs.
What you will need:
- Tape (wireless)
- 1 piece of black paper 12 x 12
- Halloween stickers
- Tape / Glue
- Using black paper, cut a quarter circle with a diameter of about 6 1/2 inches.
- Use the quarter circle to create a cone.
- Using tape or glue, seal the back seam. I used duct tape and then I covered it with a strip of washi decorative tape to add a touch of elegance.
- Go to the bottom of your cone and cut the ¼-inch slots on the bottom every ½ inch. Fold them outwards.
- Using the other side of the paper, cut a square from 5 to 6 inches.
- Fold in half and then in half again.
- Cut another quarter of a circle from the folded paper.
- Cut a quarter of a smaller circle about 1 inch from the eight inner corners to turn your circle into a donut.
- You may need to adjust the size slightly, but the goal is to match the cone with the circle so that the fringe you cut captures on the rim. Paste or paste the folded edges on the bottom of the circle, creating the hat.
- Glue two pieces of ribbon over the inside edges of your hat, leaving it long enough to tie around your dog's head. You can always cut if necessary.
- Decorate your hat with Halloween stickers, ribbons, glitter or anything else that fits your puppy!
Sam is a dog lover, writer, baker, craftsman and instagrammer. When he is not writing, he is decorating cookies on his blog SugaredandIced.com or Instagramming on his dogs @FrenchHuggs_ and @Quinnstadoodle.
Editor's Note: This article appeared for the first time in the Dogster magazine. Have you seen the new Dogster magazine in stores? Or in the hall of view of your vet's office? Sign up now to receive the Dogster magazine directly to you!
More information about dogs and Halloween costumes on Dogster.com: