Thursday , September 19 2019
Home / unitedstates / A woman from Florida dies of bacteria eating meat, says the family

A woman from Florida dies of bacteria eating meat, says the family

The woman died of a bacteria that eats meat two weeks after she cuts her leg in the waters of Anna Maria Island in Florida, her family says.

Carolyn Fleming, who passed Lynn – from Ellenton, Florida, dropped into the water at Coquin beach on an island near Sankt Peterburg on Friday, June 14th. according to her son and daughter, Wade and Trace Fleming, who were with her that day.

The couple and their two children, Jonathan and Jensen, spent a week with her after traveling from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where Lynn Fleming was of origin. It was always her dream of living in Florida, she said.

"She loved the ocean and loved to walk on the beach," Tracy Fleming told NBC News on Sunday.

Lynn Fleming came out of the water on Friday with a quarter-inch cut and hit her hip, Traci Fleming said, but the severity of the wound dramatically increased during that weekend.

She did not show any symptoms of that Friday or the next morning when her family left. But on Saturday afternoon she told them to hurry. On Sunday, her leg was red and tired, and her friends forced her to go to an emergency care facility where she was given tetanus and antibiotics. The day after, her left hip was black.

"Her friends found her unconscious and on the floor of the bedroom," said Traci Fleming. "They called urgent help."

On Monday, June 17th, hospitalized and diagnosed with necrotizing fasciitis, often a lethal infection known as bacteria that eat meat.

"On top of that, she suffered two blows and suffered from kidney failure," wrote Traci Fleming on Facebook on June 26, where she recorded the condition of her mother-in-law. – Her entire body is septic.

A few hours later, doctors Lynn Fleming called for hospice care.

Lynn Fleming and her granddaughter the day she fell and cut off her foot, after which she infected the infection that killed her on June 14th.Kindness Traci Fleming

Traci Fleming said she and her husband returned to Florida to be with Lynn Fleming in her last days.

"We spent the whole week with her while she was in support of life," Traci Fleming said on Sunday.

June 27, Lynn Fleming died after two blows and organ failure during surgery to save her leg, said Traci Fleming. She was 77 years old.

"Lynn has been quiet in the dream today, and Wade has kept her hand," Traci Fleming wrote on Facebook.

Family Lynn Fleming says they hope that, sharing their story, they will be able to raise the beach and save lives.

"It's very ironic that she loved the beach so much and could not wait to retreat there," said Traci Fleming. "But that's what her life has taken away."

"It's heartbreaking, we're ruined," she said.

Even with treatment, up to one in three people with necrotising fasciitis die from infection, according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

"Accurate diagnosis, rapid antibiotic treatment and rapid surgery are important for stopping this infection," says CDC.

Earlier this month, a twelve-year-old Indiana family reported that she had eaten a bacterium while she was visiting Destin at Florida Panhandle.

Wade Fleming told NBC News that his family was aware of the bacteria, Lynn Fleming is still alive.

"I think we'd have the knowledge before that, everything else treated us," he said. "My mother would be here, giving you an interview instead of me."

Source link