We encourage you to consider the St. Joseph's Medical Center located in Stockton, California, during the selection of the residency program.
The applications are closed for the 2018-2019 academic year. We will accept the applications in September 2018 through ERAS for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Saint Joseph will ONLY accept J-1 visas, however, Saint Joseph will not sponsor any type of visa.
- Dean's letter (not required to receive an invitation to an interview)
- 3 letters of recommendations
- USMLE Step 1
- USMLE Step 2 (some candidates are invited for an interview before scores are received)
- Personal statement
- Curriculum vitae
- Report on the status of the ECFMG (if applicable)
- PTAL (if applicable)
Important factors in the resident selection process include:
- Reliability, responsibility, maturity, courtesy, trust
- Leadership capacity
- Interpersonal and communicative skills
- Sense of humor and work ethic
- Clinical experience in the United States
to know more
For more information please contact:
Coordinator of residence for emergency medicine