Are you a blogger, YouTuber or another website content creator? Start using Coil to monetize the content of your web page and receive payments in XRP.
Coil uses an open API called Web Monetization to pay for sites in real time via the Interlingger protocol (ILP). In this way, sites can safely provide rewards to all users who have activated web monetization, creating a self-sufficient economy.
Whether you are a blogger, YouTuber or a regular content creator, you can now accept streaming payments in digital assets such as XRP, BTC or ETH via Coil.
Start using Coil to monetize the content of your web page in a few simple steps:
STEP 1: CREATE A COIL ACCOUNT
Register for the Coil account here.
STEP 2: LOGIN TO XRPTIPBOT.COM
To receive payments you need a payment pointer that you can get via XRP Tip Bot (Accounts Twitter, Reddit or Discord acceptable).
Log in to www.xrptipbot.com using your Reddit / Twitter / Discord username. No registration required. *
* Related article: [How to tip XRP on Twitter?]
STEP 3: COPY PAYMENT POINTER
After logging in to XRP Tip Bot, visit this page and copy your payment pointer.
STEP 4: INSERT PAYMENT POINTER
Then visit your Coil account and paste the copied Payment pointer:
(Spool> Account> Payment pointer)
STEP 5: INSERT THE CODE IN THE
YOUR WEB PAGE
Enter this code in the
of your website (reel> account> monetized Web sites). Make sure your payment pointer is correct in this code (replace "stedas" with your username)
STEP 6: CHECK YOUR ACTIVATION OF THE COIL
Visit www.fudbingo.com/coilchecker and check if the roll is OK.
- Visit the Coil account (coil.com/account)
- choose the "Social Account" tab
- click on the "Sign in to YouTube" button *
- You must specify a payment pointer before web monetization enables your social accounts.
The video below shows the automatic overturning in real time when reading an article online
(look at the XRP counter in the lower left corner).
Watch the video on YouTube: https://youtu.be/twNWxCUF7cI
If you have linked your Coil account with Twitter you can check your ILP / Coil deposits and the sum of all Coil payments. Great!
- When will you send invitations to users on your waiting list? When do you make Coil recordings completely open to the public?
Registration will be open at some point but we do not have a precise date when this will happen.
- How does the payment procedure work? Does the reel pay per page / site / time?
The reel pays at a time.
- What happens if the user opens multiple tabs, do they all start uploading or just the one the user is reading?
Hidden cards are not paid; payment is divided between all active Web Monetized pages and active devices (so 1 open page would get 100 micro xrp per second, but 3 open pages would get 33 micro xrp per second).
- What happens when the visitor leaves the computer on a certain page for hours and hours and does nothing? Does this cause the timer to continue to accumulate charges?
Nothing "increases costs" because the user does not pay for the use. If you stay on a page for a long time, though, that page will be continually paid. Users who deliberately abuse the system in idling mode on their page may however disable their subscriptions.
- Do you also work on other browsers? And the Brave browser?
Web monetization also works with Firefox and Chrome / Firefox for mobile devices on Android. It can work in other Android browsers or desktop browsers but it does not work on Safari or iOS. At the moment we are not working on the integration of Brave. The non-extension flow should work in Brave, however.
- Is the extension of Chrome mandatory?
No, you can also enable web monetization by recording the reel with the web monetization polyfill. There will be a button to do it instead of installing a & rsquo; Chrome extension if you're in a browser other than Chrome.
- Is it true that 1000 drops are equivalent to about 10 seconds for each visitor enabled for web monetization? *
Yes. Assuming that 1000 drops = 10 sec, then 1 XRP = 166 min.
- The rate is currently defined as 30 million dollars per second
- If I'm using Reel, will I continue to see the advertisements?
It is up to the creator. Coil is not an ad blocker, but creators can disable ads for their viewers who support them through Coil. We expect this to be just one of the ways that creators reward their Coil subscribers, as well as exclusive / early access to high quality content.
- Can the content creator be paid in other currencies or is paid in XRP (via XRP Tip Bot)? What happens if a visitor does not have a Twitter or Reddit account. How can you register with Coil?
The payment goes through the Interledger network, so it works with any currency. At the moment, however, the flagship XRP bot is the most usable for typical users. The user can run "moneyd" and "ilp-spsp-server" to achieve the same effect without a Twitter / reddit / discord account.
- The content creator must have installed the Chrome extension to earn money from the content. Is required?
A content creator does not need to have the Chrome extension installed to earn money.
FAQs compiled and created by members of the XRP community: @haydentiff @Love_my_ripples @CryptoJustinUK @BlueNETGaming @StyleXrp @stedas
*** NOTES ***
You do not need a subscription to earn money with your content. You only need a subscription if you want Coil to make a donation to other content creators for you.
You need an active subscription to pay for your content (for testing purposes), but if you do not have an active subscription, other users who have active subscriptions will still be able to pay for it.
- XRP Tip Bot