Use the chalkboard in Photoshop, Illustrator, Gimp, Affinity, Inkscape, InDesign and many others
Written by Sophia Schuster
Updated this week
The Slate is now an unprecedented 2 in 1! Thanks to our new tablet functionality, you can now use the whiteboard directly in your favorite drawing software (such as Adobe, Gimp, Corel Draw and many more) on your PC or Mac.
The Slate manages every phase of the creative process. Start by sketching your ideas on paper with the whiteboard in Imagink and export your creation to your computer. Then complete your work with the creative Adobe suite using the Tip (the iskn style) and the Slate in tablet mode.
To turn the Slate into a graphics tablet and use it in your favorite desktop desktop apps, we provide the so-called graphic tablet configurator.
A configurator is a means of setting your List preferences. Once installed and configured, the settings will automatically be saved and automatically applied to your computer.
In case you want to change them, open the configuration tool.
To activate and manage this mode:
- Download (on macOS or Windows) and install the Graphic Tablet Configurator from our download page (in case you do not find the symbol, take a look at this article).
- Start the configuration tool (in case you do not find the symbol, take a look at this article).
3. Connect your Slate to your PC or Mac using the USB cable and turn on your Slate by pressing the side power button long. Your list will be connected to the Configurator.
4. In the Parameters menu, set the angle parameters according to your operating system and click the Activate button.
High = the screen size corresponds to the square
Medium = the screen size corresponds to the slightly larger square
Low = the size of the drawing on the blackboard corresponds to the size of the screen
The inclination recognition varies between PC and MacBook.
5. Your Slate is now ready to be used as a tablet in your favorite apps. Enjoy this mode using the Tip on your Slate surface for a better experience.
In case you want to use the Slate as a graphics tablet on Imagink, make sure you unplug the board from Imagink and connect it to the tablet mode. To do so, disable and re-enable the whiteboard in the configurator window.
To close the configurator, proceed as follows:
In case you have trouble downloading the tablet configurator or connecting your whiteboard, please contact our customer service via the small golden widget at the bottom right.
Take a look at this video showing the use of Slate on Photoshop:
Find the entire video above (3rd episode)!