Giuseppe Giannone recommends the following steps to make the seasonal transition at home without worries:
- Check all insulation and paint stripping – To avoid drafts and heat loss, take some time to inspect the house entrances. Removal of the weather around the doors is easy to replace, so look for dry and cracked pieces and this could lead to heat loss. Make sure the thresholds are at the right height and touch just the bottom of the door – they can be adjusted using the screws on the top plate. Look for and fill in any gaps in the insulation and isolate any exposed pipes now to avoid problems when freezing temperatures arrive.
- Clean the gutters – When the leaves start to fall, it is essential to keep the gutters clean and clean. During heavy autumn rains, gutters and clogged downspouts do not distract the water safely away from home, and can collect and invade the foundations.
- Change your filters and clean your returns – Not only do homeowners spend more time indoors when the autumn arrives, but vacations can also bring more guests. Be sure to change the filters in your heating and air system, and take a few minutes to clean the air reflections visible around the house to maintain good indoor air quality without dust. Also, make sure that no furniture has been moved to one of the returns or air intakes to prevent the airflow from being blocked.
- Perform a simple leak detection test – Before the coldest weather arrives, it is a good idea to consider any existing hydraulic problems. Put a drop of food coloring in each toilet tank and wait about ten minutes. If the coloring disappears, a loss is likely and a professional should be contacted. An easy way to check for other leaks is to check the water meter, avoid using water for two hours and then check again. If it changes, a loss is likely.
- Wash your water heater – Water heaters will work harder during the colder months, so it's important that they work at peak efficiency. To remove any sediment accumulation in the tank, wash it according to the manufacturer's instructions. Contact a professional if the task is too daunting or if there is any concern about the process.
For other ways to prepare your home for the autumn, contact Joseph Giannone Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning at (215) 383-2956 or visit www.CallJG.com.
Information about Joseph Giannone Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning
Joseph Giannone Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning is a family-owned company that operates in the industry Philadelphia area with high quality plumbing and HVAC services. Our technical team is well trained, insured and always guarantees the best possible job. We always do our best for our customers, providing the same-day emergency service to meet any need for hydraulics, air conditioning and heating at any time. Located in the Philadelphia area, we provide customer support throughout the city and surrounding areas. For more information, call (215) 383-2956 or visit www.calljg.com.
SOURCE Joseph Giannone Plumbing, heating and air conditioning