Procrastination can be a major obstacle to our success in life. If you are a student and send the study back to the last minute, you may not do so well in a test. If you are expecting to start saving for retirement until you are 40, you lose the power of compound interest.
We know that we have to do certain things sooner rather than later, but we do not do it. Because?
My guest today is Dr. Piers Steel, and in his work and in his book, The equation for procrastinationHe has distilled all the research out there on procrastination in a sort of formula that explains why we postponed things. Piers explains why his approach to procrastination is different from that taken by many psychologists and what they often err on his root causes. Then analyze the different components of why we procrastinate, as well as feasible advice on how to mitigate these problems and start doing more things.
Show the highlights
- Define procrastination
- Problems with the assignment of psychological causes to procrastination
- The true the reasons why people put an end to things
- How procrastination really affects your life
- The 3 elements of the "procrastination equation"
- The ways in which expectations (both of reward and consequences) play in our procrastination
- You can never completely beat procrastination?
- So, how do we mitigate procrastination?
- Because you really want your homework to be a bit challenging
- What happens if you have a genetic predisposition to procrastination?
Resources / People / Articles mentioned in Podcast
Listen to the Podcast! (And do not forget to leave us a review!)
Listen to the episode on a separate page.
Download this episode.
Subscribe to the podcast in the media player of your choice.
New Mexico Tourism. Explore the landscapes, food and festivals of New Mexico, including the Balloon Festival held here in October. Visit newmexico.org/manliness.
Indochino offers customized and customized suits at an affordable price. They offer a premium dress for only $ 379. This is up to 50% off. To request the discount, go to Indochino.com and enter the discount code "MANLINESS" at the time of payment. Furthermore, shipping is free.
NFL podcast. Keep up with all the actions on and off the field with the NFL podcast like Around the NFL, the Dave Dameshek Football Program, is Move the sticks.
Click here to see a complete list of our podcast sponsors.
Read the transcript