- Taco Bell is testing a new menu item, Crispy Tortilla Chicken, in Houston, Texas and Dayton, Ohio, starting Thursday, before launching it nationally next year.
- After the craziness of Popeyes chicken sandwiches this summer and fall and the general popularity of Chick-fil-A, it may not be a surprise that Taco Bell is dipping its toes into the chicken game.
- The new Hrispy Tortilla Chicken Taco Bell range is coated with tortilla chips and served with a new signature sauce similar to those served at Chick-fil-A and Raising Cane.
- Sign up for the Business Insider Retail Drive-Thru newsletter to get more stories like this in your inbox.
- Visit the Business Insider homepage for more stories.
Taco Bell has a new menu item that puts it in competition with chicken chains like Chick-fil-A and Popeyes.
Taco Bell will begin testing its new Hrispy tortilla chicken in Houston, Texas and Dayton, Ohio starting Thursday, before launching a new national item next year. Buyers can choose to try the bidding on a taku for only $ 1.99 or get two bids for $ 2.99 or three bids for $ 3.99. I can also get them in one of 5 to 7 chain boxes.
Taco Bell said he tested more than 100 versions of new chicken tenders before deciding on the final recipe.
New chicken offerings come marinated in a jalapeño blender mix, which gives them a slightly spicy kick. They are also lined with tortilla chips crumbs and come with a new signature sauce. When Kate Taylor Business Insider recently tried out a new menu item at Taco Bell headquarters, she noticed that the flavor profile sauce was similar to the Chick-fil-A or Raising Cane sauces.
Whether it's two stews dipped in Chick-fil-A sauce or in Nashville oil, almost every fast food chain is trying to find new, innovative ways to serve chicken at its restaurants – and Taco Bell proves to be an exception.
With the addition of chicken offerings to its menu, the California chain is now ready to compete with popular chicken chains like Chick-fil-A, Popeyes and Raising Cane, all of which are seeing growth in late 2019.
Cane's business has a 22.46% increase in sales nationwide, making it one of the fastest growing chains in America, according to Nation's Restaurant News. Chick-fil-A, meanwhile, has taken the top of America's favorite fast-food chain in a recent Business Insider survey. However, Popeyes made more waves in 2019 than any other chicken chain with its chicken sandwich, which still dominates the chicken sandwich scene after they initially sold out and then restarted.
We can't wait to see if the tender Taco Bell chicken will cause as much movement.