After detecting two cases of UC in Uruguay and the growth in demand for viral tripe vaccine or SRP (measles, rubella and mumps). Ministry of Public Health (MSP) announced today that they will make it available this afternoon two new mobile vaccines on Monday 8th and Tuesday 9th.
Vaccination will be is located at the MSP door, July 18 and Juan A. Rodríguez between 9:00 and 18:00.
In a statement released this afternoon also recalls the vaccination free, no prescription and can be given in any of the 400 vaccinations in the country.
The population is recommended by means of a communication make sure you have the dose of SRP vaccine corresponding to age. In turn, it is advised to consult a doctor in the event of presentation of some of them symptoms: fever, rash, conjunctivitis and respiratory problems.
Who should be vaccinated
MSP recalled that vaccination for this disease is free, does not require a prescription and is applied in every vaccination in the country.
* Persons older than 5 years and born after 1967 should have two doses of SRP vaccine.
* Within the current vaccination campaign, the SRP vaccine is used as a two-dose guide: at the age of 12 and 15 months.
* In children who have only one dose, the other can be given at any time, provided that at least one month has passed in relation to the first.
* In the case of infants aged 6 to 12 months who have been in contact with cases of measles or traveling to areas where there is transmission, it is recommended that the first dose of this vaccine be administered in advance. In that case, in any case, they must receive two extra calendars in the calendar.
* Children under 6 months pregnant, people with allergies to eggs and those with severe immunosuppression can not be vaccinated.
* People born before 1967 have been given natural immunity to disease because at that time the whole country circulated measles. On the other hand, people born between 1967 and 1986 may have received only one of two required doses of vaccine, which is why this group calls for vaccination.