New updated sales data for the Nintendo Switch software have detected this Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has already shifted incredible 12.08 million copies worldwide, making it the third best-selling platform game despite the release last month.
This figure is even more impressive when you realize that the chart below follows sales only by December 31, 2018. – At that point, Smash had been on the market just over a week ago. A similar list was split up just three months ago, but since then there have been some interesting changes; one such change sees Mario Kart 8 Deluxe the speed of the past Super Mario Odyssey to become the current best-selling game Switch.
Here are the top ten best-selling Switch games since December 31, 2018:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 15.02 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 13.76 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 12.08 million
- Legend of Zeldi: Dah divljeg – 11.68 million
- Pokémon: Let's go, Pikachu! and let's go, Eevee! – 10.00 million
- Splatoon 2 – 8.27 million
- Super Mario Party – 5.30 million
- Switch 1-2 – 2.86 million
- Mario tennis man – 2.53 million
- Stargate Allies Kirby – 2.42 million
The above numbers include retail sales and digital sales worldwide, as well as all hardware-related copies.
Did you expect Smash to be so high on this list? Is there any surprise elsewhere? Tell us your opinion about this in the comments.